Looking for Help: Sophia's Daughters Re-Write

Have an idea for a new eBook or FanSub but there's something missing or not quite right? Need some feedback about your writing? Have an idea that you think is neat and should be shared? This is the place!

Looking for Help: Sophia's Daughters Re-Write

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 am

As some of you may know I've been working, on and off, on a re-write of SD that would be more in line with the society as described in the original PHB rather than the 'lapdogs of the sidhe' which we ended up with. My plan is to remove scrying (both the male and female versions) entirely and bring it back to its roots.

I have a pretty solid idea (I think) regarding where to go with it. What I need, however, is help with the ideas and mechanics behind potion brewing. SD gives it some consideration but many of their potions are, lets be honest here, magical. I don't want that. My SD are Theah's greatest naturalists. Over the eons (and with plenty of naturalistic observation under their belts) they've been able to distill the natural properties of plants and animals into a science that 17th Century Theah thinks is magic (but is decidedly NOT).

For example, my SD still have a longevity potion. But rather than poof magic, this elixir simply cleans toxins out of the system, rejuvinates cells, strengthens and replaces faulty or failing tissue, etc. (it's also not toxic to men... I fixed that story too)

So, if you know of some natural property associated with a plant that would make a good potion, feel free to post it. Or if you are a mechanics person and have an idea how to create the Potion Brewing (Non) Sorcery in a way that isn't game breaking, I'd love to hear it.
"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Works in Progress